Dr. Goldberg is a thought leader, business strategist and organizational psychologist with a cross-functional background in Marketing, Communications, and Human Resources. She is the Founder/President of Digital Culture Consulting, a professional services practice specializing in social media strategy and organizational transformation. Prior to this, she was Partner and Vice President of OrgVitality, a management consulting firm, where she led their digital/social media practice.
In her 25+ year career at IBM she led pioneering work in Strategy, Marketing and Human Resources. As IBM Vice President of Corporate Market Insights, she led global initiatives on emerging markets and technologies. In prior positions, she helped reinvent the IBM brand, created vertical industry global intelligence capability, drove foundational work that led to new business services and evaluated communications programs. Her innovative assessments of IBM’s advertising earned her the Grand Prize at the 2003 Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Advertising Awards.
While in HR, Andrea held a variety of positions in employee research, leadership training and organizational development and ran the U.S. employee opinion survey program. She also consulted with the U.S. Government and Metropolitan Life Insurance
Andrea holds a Ph.D. and MA in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from New York University and a BA from Binghamton University. She was awarded certification in Digital Media Marketing from NYU in May 2011.
She is an adjunct professor at the Ancell School of Business, Western Connecticut State University and serves on the research advisory board of Saugatuck Technology. She also writes a blog for Biznology.com and is a frequent speaker at professional meetings, conferences and universities.
Andrea’s Professional Associations
- Member Society for Industrial / Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- Member Content Evolution
- Research Advisory Board Member – Saugatuck Technology
- Executive Committee Member – Conference Board Market Research Council (2004 – 2009)
- Judge – 2009 Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Awards
- Marketing Sciences Institute (MSI) Trustee (2006 – 2009)
- Research Advisory Board, AC Nielsen School of Market Research, University of Wisconsin (1996 – 2002)
- Instructor at Kenan-Flagler EMBA program (2012)